As Presbyterians, we at Cann Memorial, believe that the great ends of the Church are:
- The proclamation of the gospel for the salvation of humankind
- The shelter, nurture, and spiritual fellowship of the children of God
- The maintenance of divine worship
- The preservation of the truth
- The promotion of social righteouness
- The exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the world
We strive to express our desire to serve God and the Children of God through many local and nationwide benevolent causes:
- We support the Food Bank of the Albemarle, with work days, regular food donation and our, "Noisy Coin Offering," of our loose change during the worship service on the first Monday of the month.
- Alongside other churches, once a month, we serve the homeless through the S.O.U.L.S. program.
- We also support Hopeline, which provides housing for abused women and their children.
- We partner with Sheep-Harney School providing volunteers, school supplies, and other help as needed.
- Through the Presbyterian Disaster Relief Program-our church supports efforts to aid victims of natural disasters with spiritual and physical needs.
- We also support through our offerings, the Heifer Program.