Coming up at Cann:
Lots of volunteer opportunities this summer to help out our COMMUNITY:
- Teaching Assistants for Sheep Harney: Help out Sheep Harney by working with the Summer Reading Program of the school systems
- July 5th-29th from 8am-1pm (Volunteers can commit to 1-2 hours a day to assist on whatever days suit)
- Volunteers will be responsible for just being a physical presence and help with what ever the teachers need (monitoring students completing work, sharpening pencils, listen to students read)
- School Supplies and Book Drive: We will be collecting school supplies and books for neighborhood children
- Sole Hope Project - Date: July 18th Time: 12-3 pm (light lunch served)
- Making denim shoes for children in Uganda
- Cutting denim and assembling shoe parts to be sent to be sewed
- No sewing required and all skill levels and ages are welcomed!
- Thing needed: heavy scissors, permanent markers, gallon sized ziplock bags and small monetary donations (to defray cost of shoe assembly)
- Vacation Bible School Volunteers Needed!
- Variety of volunteers are needed for the week of August 1-5th. Position descriptions can be found in the church office or on the bulletin board in the hallway.
- Nursery available for any volunteers
Welcome to Cann Memorial Presbyterian Church Elizabeth City, NC
We are a community of faith, open to all ages and stages of life. No matter who you are, you are welcome! Come and worship with on Sundays!
11:00am Worship Service in our Sanctuary September-May
10:00am Worship Service June-August
Scripture this Sunday:
Click on our Calendar to see what is coming up!
What We Believe
God comes to us in free and undeserved favor in the person of Jesus Christ who lived, died, and rose for us that we might belong to God and serve Christ in the world. Following Jesus, Presbyterians are engaged in the world and in seeking thoughtful solutions to the challenges of our time.
Presbyterians affirm that God comes to us with grace and love in the person of Jesus Christ, who lived, died, and rose for us so that we might have eternal and abundant life in him. As Christ’s disciples, called to ministry in his name, we seek to continue his mission of teaching the truth, feeding the hungry, healing the broken, and welcoming strangers. God sends the Holy Spirit to dwell within us, giving us the energy, intelligence, imagination, and love to be Christ’s faithful disciples in the world.
More than two million people call the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) their spiritual home. Worshiping in 10,000 Presbyterian congregations throughout the United States, they engage the communities in which they live and serve with God’s love.
-From the PCUSA website: www.pcusa.org
What We're Following: